Merivale School Caretaker Vacancy
We are looking for a highly capable caretaker to join our team of supportive and skilled staff and help achieve our vision. The position is permanent part time 30 hours per week and requires a skilled person to develop, maintain and enhance school buildings and grounds.
Our new caretaker will have:
● Great initiative and a proactive attitude to their work
● Handyman skills to carry out repairs and maintenance.
● Experience and skills in grounds and property maintenance.
● A highly organised and systematic approach to work
● The ability to problem solve and work flexibly around busy school life
● Great interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to people of all ages
● Be fit, healthy, and hard working
● A current full driver’s licence
● Flexibility to work additional hours during school holidays
This position involves a variety of duties, including:
● Day to day ground maintenance including mowing lawns and ensuring
our grounds look clean and tidy
● General property maintenance
● Liaising with contractors and security
● Completing routine safety checks
● Some cleaning when needed
A police check will be required prior to appointment and the applicant must meet the requirements of the government's mandate to be double vaccinated and receive their booster.
Salary and conditions are per the School Caretaker's Collective Agreement.
Please send your CV including two referees who can be contacted with a cover letter (explaining why you think you are the right person for the position) to the Principal:
Tom Paekau firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12pm, Thursday 31 March 2022.